Queens Accident Injury Lawsuit Verdicts & Settlements
- $1,500,000 awarded for Queens security guard killed in Tower 2 collapse. Awarded by the Special Master to the first case filed with the Victims Compensation Fund arising out of the events of September 11th, 2001 for a widow and her 2 year old daughter. Her husband, a bank security guard, was killed when Tower 2 collapsed. This case was handled proudly, without fee and without expense to the client, as part of the Trial Lawyers Care program. Mr. Peskin is a founding member of Trial Lawyers Care, Inc.
- $1,137,000 plus a waiver of a workers’ compensation lien of $250,000 was received by a Queens worker whose leg was crushed by a defective compacting dumpster.
- $750,000 awarded to a Queens woman whose wrist was broken when she fell over a defective sidewalk cellar door belonging to an Upper East Side restaurant. The injured woman required five operations and was left with a permanently damaged right hand.
- $500,000 recovery for a diabetic Queens accountant whose doctors failed to discover a tack imbedded in his foot resulting in gangrene and amputation of the foot. Doctors finally discovered the tack after the amputation and only then reviewed the x-rays which clearly showed the tack.
- $120,000 was received by a Queens pedestrian crossing a Manhattan street where the curb was improperly constructed.
For additional cases of interest visit our New York lawsuit verdicts & settlements overview page.
Tolmage, Peskin, Harris, Falick
Queens Personal Injury Lawyer
New York, NY 10007
If you need representation in an accident injury case, contact a Queens accident injury lawsuit attorney at the law firm of Tolmage, Peskin, Harris, Falick today. Our Queens lawyers offer a FREE consultation so you can have the opportunity to discuss your case without cost or obligation.